Tuesday 11 August 2015

Four Eyes by Susan L.

  I have no idea why that was an insult when we were kids. It seems pretty lame now. My apologies to all those I ever mocked.
  I've joined the ranks of glasses wearing people. It's a bit like living in a fun house as walls bend and warp and straight lines do the rhumba. Just reading what was written has the potential to make me a bit sea sick as the lines rock back and forth!
  My head is doing an excellent imitation of a rooster's strut in learning where the vision areas are in the lenses: close, mid-range and distance. Getting used to the weight on my nose and learning to follow it instead of moving my eyes are other areas that will take some getting used to. I am sure by the beginning of next week the brain will have adapted to this new way of seeing. It's an amazing organ and incredibly flexible.
  Too bad there isn't anything like God lenses so we could see things as He sees them all the time simply by putting on a pair of glasses. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Or maybe not. It might hamper our abilities to have a relationship with Him. There would be no more need for dialog, for confession, for seeking forgiveness. God glasses would mean our brokenness would fall away. Which sounds like a good idea but what would happen to exploring God's word in the quest for truth and a better way of living?
  For now, our God glasses are framed in prayers. The lenses are trifocals of faith, submission (or trust if you prefer) and a willingness to let go; to see things differently. They are the most beautiful glasses in the universe!
  "I will deliver you from the Jewish people as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me." Acts 26:17-18
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to have "God glasses", to see others the way He does, so I could love them the way He does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't that be wonderful to see other's like God. To be filled with that perfect love. That is one aspect of Heaven I look forward to. To worship in truth and holiness and to see everything through the eyes of God for all eternity. That will indeed be glory. Until then, we rely on the Holy Spirit, the Word and our time with God. Open our eyes Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And open our hearts that we may see!

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...