Thursday 13 August 2015

Best Laid Plans by Susan L.

  In a spate of anticipation for the peak night of the meteor shower the decision was made to go to bed early to read for a while then head out around eleven. It was a busy day yesterday so all the book did was make me sleepy. So, I thought in a burst of genius thinking, the best time to view the light show is at two in the morning. What about setting my alarm? Which I did but forgot to turn it on. So much for genius!
  I did wake up at four thirty and ventured outside. There were only a few scattered falling stars, as many as I'd seen before going to bed. A dozen or so in total. Which is a pretty good count seeing as my evening and morning stargazing didn't last very long.
  Rarely am I up at that hour. Sitting on a chair in the driveway which provided the best vantage point, the silence of the early morning was something special. Even the incessant chirping crickets had gone to sleep. The air was still and warmer than it had been the night before. Not a leaf rustled. I gazed upwards at unfamiliar skies simply watching and waiting. The immense beauty of the limitless heavens made me feel rather small.
  I've been struggling with loneliness lately but somehow, sitting there by myself, I didn't feel alone. At all.
  "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Mat 6:21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...