Friday 24 July 2015

Into the Swing by Susan L.

  I've been finding it difficult to get back into the routine of writing every morning. It feels like I don't want to intrude on the peace and serenity the camping trip filled me with by delving too deeply into matters of the soul.
  Thoughts of getting away again fill my daydreams. Things like hiking the Bruce Trail from end to end with nothing but a backpack tantalize my imagination. It would take quite a while. I think it's over a thousand kilometers long. Not that I am in any kind of physical shape to tackle such a big hike but the thoughts are there.
  It reminds me of when I was in my early teens. My friend and I dreamed about riding our bikes across the US. We poured over maps, carefully selecting our route and marking it down. We avoided the roads in red before we discovered they were marked that way because they were particularly scenic. We spent hours organizing what we would need, making lists, making new lists. Neither of us had a clue about bicycle repairs. It never even entered the discussion that they might break down!
  It didn't happen. She moved away but the dream would rise up and tease me when, as a young mom, I was bogged down with laundry and dirty diapers.
  That almost sounds like a regret. It's not really. It's more like a sadness for dreams broken and friends lost. I am thankful I had my children when I was younger. There are so many opportunities lurking around the corner. Who knows, maybe the Bruce Trail is doable.
  God is good! Amen!
  "For we walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Cor 5:7
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...