Sunday 12 July 2015

Rest and Regroup by Susan L.

  I will be taking a break for a few days. Algonquin Park beckons. It'll be a wonderful opportunity for some quiet discussions with my Lord about all the things that have been stirred up over the last few days. It's time to go hunting for more truths, to put chase to the unGodly core beliefs that continue to rob me of my joy.
  Thankfully a friend will be coming to cat sit so Pumpkin won't get too lonely. He hasn't had much loving over the last couple of days. There simply wasn't the energy.
  The anger has passed and in its place is a hollowness, a familiar but unwanted hopelessness that frightens me. The Black River is swirling around my feet, the waters rising. It's time to crawl into God's life raft where it's safe.
  So, here I am, Lord. Your will be done.
  "For You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah." Ps 61:3-4
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You know, as long as you are a human being with a memory, there will always be times that memories poke up unexpectedly. Certain music puts me back into a camp cabin at age 15/16, and there are scents that remind me of hand-me-down clothing from my cousin. I saw a restored Volkswagon yesterday and I remembered when my kids were little and would joyfully shout Punchbuggy!

    I am fortunate that most of my memories (including those above) that are triggered are good ones. Hopefully this time with nature of peace and reflection will allow you to give more power to the happy joyful peaceful memories and to put the memories which cause sadness and anger and fear into a farther off recess of your mind. They are in part who you are so you can't put them entirely to rest but hopefully they can go to the bottom drawer that you don't open unless you really want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the most part, the ugliest memories have been blessed by God's incredible healing and are now a place of comfort when I visit them. He was with me at all times. Thanks for reminding me of that.

      Delete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...