Wednesday 24 June 2015

Mini Vacation by Susan L.

  H and I went for a drive yesterday then came back here for a barbeque supper. As I made potato salad for today's staff retreat, we chatted about our upcoming camping trip to Algonquin Park. It stirred up a lot of excitement... I can't wait!
  An all day staff retreat is being held at my co-worker's house. It's the one near where I used to live and did housekeeping for. Thankfully, the day looks like it's going to be absolutely lovely. We're going to spend some time putting together official job descriptions as part of the process to receive accreditation. The rest of the day will be spent just hanging around. Which is nice. We don't often get the opportunity to spend social time with the staff from the Richmond Hill Krasman centre.
  Tonight is my Bible study supper. I'm taking desert. Fresh fruit and, in keeping with my own love of sweets, an optional chocolate sauce for dipping. Mmmmm.
  By the end of the day, it'll feel like I've been on holiday for two days.
  As an aside, my artist's eye is on overdrive right now. I find myself spending time looking at light; how the sun looks when it touches trees and grass, and flowers. It's amazing how many colours are in a single clump of leaves. I just might take a small sketchbook today. It never hurts and I've another painting simmering in the works. In all skills, there's always room for growth. Not only that, there's something calming about taking the time to stop and smell the roses.
  "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly." Ps 84:11
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...