Saturday 27 June 2015

Get Painting by Susan L.

  I have decided to do a painting similar to the one that was produced for the Battle of the Brushes; the one with the garden and rose trellis in the background. This one's for me. My mom gave me these beautiful three dimensional china flowers in frames a while back. They are a favorite family keepsake that have been around as long as I have. They would nicely compliment a garden picture.
  My plan is to take a bit more time with it and add some detail to the garden besides blots of colour. Don't get me wrong, I like blots and blots will be a huge part of the piece. I like the impressionistic look that is so quick and easy to achieve with sponges. It's just, well, to step it up a notch and stretch the creative muscles. If it doesn't work, it can always be painted over.
  I've spent the week doing visual research outside and on the internet. Flowers and colours, trellis ideas, patio stones...studying how the light affects the different surfaces, studying how the shadows fall in the trees and greenery of my own garden. It's all in the seeing and taking mental snapshots.
  And the old hymn, "In the Garden", is my inspiration.
  I've been doing some thinking about all of this. In the beginning of my walk with the Lord, He called me to the drafting table. Art has been fundamental to my recovery as I've shared before. Now I am wondering if it might be a way to support myself or at least supplement my income. The age has come where retirement isn't that far off and the thought of living on government old age security because I've no other pensions is a grim future.
  Hmmm...is that a goal?
  I offer it up to You, Lord. You know how scary goals are for me. If this is Your plan for my life, help me grow as an artist and a business person. Don't let production devour the creativity. In Jesus' Name, Amen!
  "Offer to God thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High. Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me." Ps 50:14-15
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...