Saturday 13 June 2015

Art Attack by Susan L.

  In true Susan fashion, I'm on a burst of singular purpose. This time it's painting. There's another battle of the brushes coming up next weekend here in town which I thought I'd like to do. This one is to raise funds for the local Simcoe Arts Council. It would be a bit harder because only red, blue, yellow, black and white are provided along with the canvas. We only need to bring our painting tools.  
  So what would I take? A pallet to mix colours, a couple of brushes and pallet knives and a sea sponge. The sponges are great for painting impressionistic grass, flowers and leaves and can cover a big space in a short time. I'll need paper towel or rags as well. Water is provided.
  The paintings are auctioned off but this time, the artists don't get anything of that. Which is okay, it's for a good cause and for me, a whole lot of fun!
  It gives me a bit more time to think about what to paint and there's several ideas rolling around in my head. Pre-planning might not even indicate what I'll end up creating anyways. I'll leave the final decision up to the Lord and trust in His inspiration.
  In the meantime, I offered to build a couple of flower boxes for a friend and a shoe rack for the centre. That'll be today's task.
  "Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!" Ps 107:31
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...