Sunday 21 June 2015

A Great Day by Susan L.

  Sign in for the artists in yesterday's Battle of the Brushes was at one o'clock. It was disappointing to learn I was in the second heat and wasn't to paint until four. I went home for a couple of hours then returned to watch the other artists paint. The time quickly sped by and before I knew it, I took my place in front of an easel.
  The crowds watching vanished, Time slowed down. The paint flew over the canvas. Brush and sponge added layer and texture.
  Boy, it's fun to race the clock!
  The crowd voted, choosing two from the eight painters in the round to go to the finals. One of them was me!
  Waiting. Waiting and more waiting... The five o'clock final began. Again the noisy crowd faded into the mist and time froze as brush and canvas met.
  I am thankful for the creative times at the centre when people have sat and watched me work. I am thankful for the skills old and new, like using sponges, that enable me to put the images in my head onto paper or canvas. I am thankful for these art experiences.
  I didn't win but that's okay. My victory was in the doing, in the believing I could, in receiving encouragement and praise for my work. That is far beyond any earthly reward.
  "We shall be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, of Your holy temple. By awesome deeds in righteousness You will answer us, O God of our salvation." Ps 65:4-5
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Your work was far better than any other! Use of colour, light, technique, complicated subject matter, 3-D effect - it showed your years of training, practice, and natural talent. If this had been a juried competition instead of who had the most friends to vote, you would have won, hands down. As you say, it wasn't about winning... you proved you could rise to the occasion and deliver stunning results. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you are talented. God as richly blessed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delighted to know you enjoyed yourself. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments and praise. My taking part speaks volumes into just how far the Lord has brought me. To Him be the glory!

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...