Saturday 23 May 2015

Speech by Susan L.

  I am going to the Anglican church in a small town about a half hour's drive away this morning. They invited the Krasman Centre to give a talk to the ladies of the church for Deanery day. I've got about fifteen minutes and have written out what I am going to say about who we are and what we do. I touch very briefly on mental health before opening the floor for questions.
  I had an appointment with my psychiatrist yesterday and shared this. He asked me if I'd thought about what sort of questions might be asked. I hadn't really.
  He played the role. "Aren't most mentally ill people violent?"
  I thought for a minute and replied, "Statistically, more people who have mental health issues are victims of violence, not perpetrators." As I thought some more, it wouldn't have hurt to include some of what I've shared on the blog, that TV tends to stereotype and amplify the worst. I'll trust in the Lord anyways to give me the answers necessary anyways.
  Another cold (groan) has worked its way into my sinuses leaving me congested and snuffly. 
  So, my gentle reader, prayers would be appreciated.
  Thanks ever so much.
  "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony." Heb 11:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...