Thursday 21 May 2015

Resolved by Susan L.

  As I came home from small group last night, the old Kenny Roger's song, The Gambler, was going though my head. "You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run." The rest wasn't applicable but those few words made me smile. These aren't easy skills to learn.
  Sometimes it simply takes holding up a dark situation to the light for it to become a non-issue. I was able to let yesterday's angst filled dilemma go. Firstly, because any action taken would have been based on hearsay even though I trust the source. Secondly, because I can't make someone change only God can. So He's the one I had a good heart to heart with yesterday and H, too. Both helped to clarify my own role and to decide on a course of action regarding the gossiper. In this case, none. Cards folded.
  I feel a thousand pounds lighter. She is in God's hands now.
  "The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying, 'Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with loving kindness I have drawn you. Again I will build you and you shall be rebuilt.'"  Jer 31"3-4
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Praise God that He guided you to a victorious outcome! And that you were open to doing the "hard" work of letting Him lead you in uncomfortable places. When we walk with the Lord, we live in inner peace even though there is turmoil around us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing that has occurred to me is that one of the 4 cardinal virtues is Prudence - discerning the true good and choosing the right means to achieve it. You've exhibited prudence in this situation! And Kenny was right. :)

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...