Friday 3 April 2015

With Jesus by Susan L.

  The living room was crowded with an electric piano, drums, guitars, amps, people and a large, smoky gray, standard poodle. A recording of a new song the leader had chosen was cranked up loud. The bass guitar and mandolin ran through their accompanying parts. It`s called organized chaos.
  It was all rather casual. There were no auditions, no ability assessment...whew! ``Come, join us. Let`s make a joyful noise to the Lord.`` seemed to be all that mattered.
  When the practicing began, I kept my eye on the pianist to see what role that instrument plays and how it is used to harmonize with the melody. It may take a while for me to find how to play along with a band. That's okay. Perhaps in a bit I`ll see if I can arrange a practice time with the pianist to get some pointers.
  Because there is a ton of music for me to learn, it`s best to stick with singing for a while. So, that's what I did; sang longer than I have for a long time. I'd forgotten how hard vocals are on core and back muscles. It sure is a good work out. Not surprisingly, my throat is a bit tender this morning.
  My anxiety flared up a couple of times but God is so immensely good, so incredibly caring. Nothing escapes His notice. Each time I was starting to feel panicky and slightly claustrophobic He sent the dog over. Ear scratching and running my fingers across her soft and curly coat kept me grounded.
  Today is Good Friday, a Holy and blessed day. Going to the practice last night meant a whole whack of stuff has been surrendered and given over to Jesus, to be crucified with Him. This Lenten journey has been about letting go of a lot of things and letting in what is right and Holy. God`s Truth has replaced many falsehoods, the devil`s version of truth.
  Part of this is realizing it`s okay to have some fun. Life was never meant to be all grindstone and seriousness. I forget that sometimes.
  Best of all, I heard the sweetest melody last night: the laughter and good natured teasing amongst people who wanted nothing more than to sing praises to God.
  `The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters, He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name`s sake.`` Ps 23:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...