Friday 24 April 2015

Waaah! by Susan L.

  I've taken another sick day today. Which is probably prudent because this morning has me cranky and snarly as a bear. Thankfully I am able to see my family doctor later this afternoon because my ears are still hurting and the deep, rib shattering cough just keeps on going...grrrr!
  I don't often feel the loneliness of living alone but not being well has stirred the pot a bit. Although as I think about it, it isn't a desire for companionship that is bubbling up. It's a servant: someone to make me a cup of tea or a bowl of soup, to tidy up the place and run the vacuum.
  I wonder if there is such a thing as a rent-a-mom...that would be perfect.
  No, mom, I don't expect you to come up! I am just being silly and whiney.
  When life gets you down, turn to gratitude. Thank You, Lord, I am able to look after myself. Thank You, Lord, for doctors and medicine. Thank You for Your provision. Thank You that I will soon be well.
  "Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" Ps 27:14
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes think I would like a wife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought the same thing on occasion myself!

      Delete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...