Wednesday 29 April 2015

Peer Zone by Susan L.

  I am feeling better. Along with better, the need for some socializing began to creep in. A short trip to the centre for a couple of hours filled my need for some human contact. It was nice to get out for a bit. There was even enough energy left over to stop and pick up a few groceries.
  May's column for the paper hasn't been written yet so after I finish today's post, I'll spend the time to get it done. Usually it's done by the third week of each month. That's my own deadline, not the paper's. It will be about a new mental health program that has been imported from New Zealand called "Peer Zone".  (www.peerzone.ca) New Zealand is often at the forefront of radical and beneficial changes in how people with mental health challenges are treated. It's wonderful that the two creators of the program have brought their ideas North America and Australia.
  I better stop there. Part of the deal with the paper is that I don't publish any of the column until they've had first crack at it. After that it is mine to share wherever.
  On that note and while the creative juices are flowing and while Pumpkin is content to sit at the window instead of on the keyboard, that's all for today.
  "He will speak to His people, to whom He said, "This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest," and "this is the refreshing."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...