Thursday 9 April 2015

Cigarette Papers by Susan L.

 As I've been playing my flute, I noticed some of the keys are a bit sticky. They open with a small "click" which means they are dirty. The internet can be such a wonderful resource for almost anything. Sure enough, a solution was there: cigarette papers. Place one in the hole minus its adhesive strip, press down the key and it will absorb grease as well as remove the dust and dirt that causes sticky keys.
  I went into Giant Tiger, a smaller, more modest, Canadian version of Walmart. On a quest, once at the tobacco counter, I asked if they sold cigarette papers. They did and I felt so incredibly naughty because these papers are mostly used for smoking products other than tobacco. As she calmly and with a somewhat bored voice asked what brand, whether white or blue, the blush rushed up my face to the point of being nearly purple. Utterly uncomfortable and after blatting out "Whatever is cheapest!", I launched into a justification for the legal need behind such a questionable item. The poor cashier probably learned more about flutes in my two minute bluster, fluster, panicky, stammered explanation than she ever wanted to know!
  Silly me.
  Apparently the cashier would have known right away by my request that it wasn't for nefarious purposes. Those in the know call them rolling papers.
  As for fixing the sticky, they didn't work so good. I may need to take the flute to the doctor.
  "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." Mat 5:16
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...