Friday 9 January 2015

Progress by Susan L.

  Two illustrations down for the Cat's Paw story, a bunch more to go. At least, the pen and ink part is done. I haven't decided if I am going to colour them or not but a splash of colour against the black and white is always effective. The illustrations are roughly six by nine so they don't take too long to do.
  I chuckled when I blogged about doing thumbnails and all that prep stuff. It wasn't going to happen. That was the part that used to frustrate me to no end when I was in college. Jumping right into the thick of things is my nature. The pictures are taking shape in my mind anyways. That's good enough for me.
  I might have to sketch Pumpkin a fair bit to use as a cat model for the story. That is if he'll sit still long enough! Thankfully the internet is also filled with pictures of cats if he won't.
  I'm pretty sure I posted the story last year some time after writer's group. The basic story line is about a cat at a brickyard in the late 1800's. It was inspired by a brick at the centre which is in an old, rambling house. The brick is near the front door and actually has a cat's paw print imbedded in it. I am going to include a photo of it in the story.
  I did a bit of research into brickmaking and the clothing at the time. They did have steam run machines which totally messes with my story. In it, they make bricks by hand. Which might have happened in a smallish brickyard. I could always do an educational blurb near the back. The idea was to draw all the equipment but in this day and age, I could simply add a few internet links to the information. Hmmm, anything to get out of drawing a straight line!
  Okay, one step at a time. There's a few more illustrations to go before I reach that point. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew or the whole thing will fall to the wayside like it has for other big projects. Overwhelm means stalling, procrastinating, and eventually not doing anything. That too, is in my nature.
  Could You help me with that my Lord?
  "O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps. O Lord, correct me, but with justice; Not in Your anger, lest You bring me to nothing." Jer 10:23-24
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...