Wednesday 7 January 2015

Nightmares by Susan L.

  Each time I woke up and fell back to sleep, I faced hoards of rabid, hairless, demon dogs. The dreams were in glorious Technicolor, complete with smell and sound. I could feel their breath at my heels. The night was spent running for my life in an eerily deserted landscape that the dogs had cleared of human existence. It was like something out of a horror movie. "Hancock" with Will Smith comes pretty close.
  Needless to say, I am not very well rested and am feeling rather disturbed this morning. It made me very thankful for Pumpkin's purring wake-up call. He got some loving ear scratches because he wouldn't let me go back to sleep after I hit the snooze button. More often it makes me frustrated but definitely not today. His furry love assured me it was only dreams.
  I'm a bit rushed this morning. There's a staff meeting at nine so I've got to cut this short. Don't know how much I'll be able to contribute. Hopefully by nine the worst of the nightmare shadows will have fled.
  "He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge." Ps 91:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...