Tuesday 9 December 2014

Home Safe by Susan L.

  As much as I enjoyed being away and spending time with my son and his family, it was nice to get home. Pumpkin was glad to see me as well. I managed to finish painting the living room for them on Saturday.
   We left the kids in the loving care of their other grandparents and headed off to do some Christmas/house shopping in the States on Sunday. I didn't buy much: some plush fabric for teddy bears and a couple of things for my grandchildren to go in their Tickle Trunk that we can't get in Canada.
  When the opportunity to go to a mall arises on either side of the border I always feel like such a tourist. The size, the glitter and sparkle and the overload of items for purchase is something else. There's nothing in my home town that is like it.
  I ended up coming home via the highway in order to stop by my mom's on the way home. She needed my help for a few things and wanted me to come and pick out my Christmas present. We went to Long and McQuade, a large music store, so I could have a look at an electric piano.
  Once again, my mom has given me the gift of music. Bless you, mom.
  Its narrow profile means it fits in my living room nicely. Yes, I opened it before Christmas! We wanted to make sure it fit. Or at least that's what I am telling everyone! I needed to test it out as well so it got a good hour and a half workout before my fingers started tumbling over each other.
  I'd bought a big book of worship music in the spring, some 600 songs, but hadn't had a chance to practice any of them even though I'd gone to friends' places to play their pianos. I also bought the score to Man of Lamancha when we went to see it. Play and practice are two different animals. That's a lot of music I don't know but given time, they'll soon be part of my repertoire.
  First of all comes Christmas and there's much to do: baking, making and wrapping. Ha! Who am I kidding. There's always time to make some music!
  "Indeed it came to pass, when the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and tanking the Lord, and when they lifted up their voice, with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised the Lord, saying, "For He is good, For His mercy endures forever," that the house, the house of the Lord, was filled with a cloud." 2 Chr 5:13
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...