Friday 14 November 2014

Heat Glorious Heat! by Susan L.

  There were some technical difficulties yesterday. Good old AVG, the antivirus program, picked up some issues. It took a bit to clean them out so there wasn't time for yesterday's blog. I missed doing it. Somehow the day doesn't seem right.
  So, cranky and out of sorts, I worked outside in the bitter wind helping a friend build a roof cap over a door. It gets bombarded with rain runoff from the roof of a large garage. It looks okay but it isn't pretty. The pretty can wait until spring when the weather is a bit warmer. I might put a bit of gingerbread trim work at the peak. The owner asked for two birds. Easily done with my scroll saw.
  My experience building the shed came in handy. So did the roll of roofing paper that was left over.
  I have to smile. Years ago when we replaced the shingled garage roof on a nasty, cold weekend I swore I would never do roofing again. So much for oaths. This is twice I've had to eat my words although my role yesterday was to cut and pass up the handful of needed shingles. It would have been enjoyable if the wind hadn't been so icy. (Should've worn long johns!)
  It was a whole lot hotter when I did the shed. Unbearably so. It's hot, heavy, dirty or perversely frigid, dirty and heavy work. God bless roofers who do this for a living. Lord, keep them safe.
  We had soup at lunch to warm the innards and when I got home, I was especially grateful to have hot running water and central heating. A long shower and a cup of tea warmed me up nicely. Some Pumpkin cuddling: my personal, furry, hot water bottle, helped the heat seep into my bones.
  I think I'm getting too old for this sort of stuff...or not. I thoroughly enjoy this type of work but maybe I need to think about setting some boundaries on what I want to do and when.
  Boundaries. They can be tough to implement but are so necessary to our well being. Now that's something to think about.
  "I am young in years, and you are very old; Therefore I was afraid, and dared not declare my opinion to you. I said, "Age should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom."" Job 32:6-7
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...