Wednesday 12 November 2014

Apologies by Susan L.

  There was an error in my newspaper article. It was about soldiers and Post Traumatic Stress. I mentioned an author of the book "Warrior Rising", an autobiography of  one brave man. Unfortunately, I didn't get his rank right. In the article, I have him as a lowly Lieutenant but Chris Hadfield is actually a Lt. Colonel.
  He's been touring Canadian Forces bases telling his story. A brave thing to do.
  Mistakes. They happen regularly.
  I will make the correction in December's column which might end up being about mistakes. I'd thought about doing a piece on poverty. We are nearing the season when finances are stretched to the limit but I think that's been done already.
  I am honoured by my column being promoted. It's still pro-bono but is no longer squeezed between ads at the back of the paper. The last two times, it has been published right next to the letters to the editor in the opinion/editorial section.
  Thank You, Lord, my Muse, my Inspiration. The One who provides the words for both these creative endeavours.
  "But there is a spirit in man, and the breath of the Almighty gives him understanding." Job 32:8
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...