Thursday 9 October 2014

New Mascot by Susan L.

  I popped into the centre yesterday to take a break from the living room and to check out the grocery supplies. I'm making the community lunch today and needed to know what was in the kitchen before I went supply shopping.
  My co-worker called me into the office, a mysterious, cat-caught-the-canary expression on her face. It wasn't a canary. She had caught a baby mouse and had him housed in big plastic bin. He is no bigger than a walnut. A little ball of gray and white fluff with bright black eyes.
  My first comment was, "Oh, how cute is that!"
  She didn't have the heart to kill it or toss it outside and was in a bit of a quandary.
  I wasn't much help there either.
  Instead, I offered to walk down and check out a couple of the second hand stores on the main street. A woman on a mission  I found a small hamster cage that had, get this, just been donated the day before. It looked brand new and came with water bottles, a little house, the wheel for running and an exercise ball that can roll freely on the floor. All for a fraction of what it would have cost new.
  The two of us were delighted with it. Talk about a decision being blessed!
  We decided to name him Lance (even if it is a her) after Lance Krasman, the reason the centres exist. The Krasman's started the centre in Richmond Hill after their son committed suicide. It is an act of generosity and kindness that has saved many lives over the years. No one is turned away.
  Even a mouse.
  "Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good." Rom 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...