Thursday 30 October 2014

Infidelity by Susan L.

  There's a hidden, rather nefarious lesson being taught by the media. "It's okay to do as you want." Television in particular keeps on ramming this idea home as fictional characters jump from bed to bed whenever things get rough in a relationship. Or even if things are good, they find it easy to yield to temptation. Honor, fidelity, loyalty, dedication, perseverance, and communication are quickly becoming ideas of the past.
  There was or maybe still is an entire show based on infidelity called "Mistresses". I've never watched it. I hope it didn't last.
  In reality, infidelity has a high price. Betrayal doesn't come cheap. Just ask Judas.
  This is still a terribly difficult subject for me even after all this time.
  Part of it is simply because the some of the wounds run deep, right to the innermost core of my being. My ability to trust on so many different levels was shattered by my own ex-husband's choice to find...I have no idea what he was looking for...it simply wasn't with me.
  I am grateful that I am not bitter. I am grateful that the Lord has brought an immense amount of healing to my heart, soul and spirit. Some things may not be fully healed this side of Heaven although I can hope and pray they will. That's okay, too.
  Sadly, in the media and in our youth, sex is regarded as a past-time, a hobby. The true meaning of making love, the intimate sharing of ourselves is a gift more precious than words, has been lost somewhere. We aren't taught and are failing to teach our youth that whenever we share ourselves in that way, we entrust part of ourselves to our partner.
  Chastity and chivalry have gone the way of honor, fidelity and loyalty.
  It's not about simply saying an arbitrary "no" to sex. It's about understanding the reason for that "no". It's about embracing the idea of how incredibly precious and valuable our innermost selves are! It's about understanding the magnitude of the gift we share, that it isn't just a body, but our entire self is being entrusted to them. This applies to both genders, not just women.
  It's about deciding who is worthy of such a gift.
  "I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love." Eph 4:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...