Tuesday 2 September 2014

Genesis by Susan L.

  There's pockets of yellow, red and orange beginning to appear in the lush greenery around the house. It's not due to lack of rain but are the forerunners of, gasp, autumn. This is the first year I can ever remember the grass didn't turn brown in late summer. Quite the opposite, it's still growing as if it were May!
  Some of the perennials blooms are about done and need dead heading. The bee balm is well past its prime although the occasional hummingbird still checks it out in case there's a bit of nectar left. I watched a pair squabble last night. Quick as lightening they swooped and dove, weaving in and out of trees and flowers cursing each other in their tiny, angry voices. It makes me laugh every time.
  The crickets darn near drown them out.
  I've gone out on clear nights this week to look at the stars. There's something absolutely awesome about looking skyward hoping to catch a glimpse of a shooting star. The sky is so massive and I am so small. I wonder if God created the heavens from a pocketful of stars that He scooped up in His hand and blew into the darkness.
  "Then God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; He made the stars also." Gen 1:16
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...