Monday 15 September 2014

Church by Susan L.

  It was a bit of a nervous rush to get out the door in time for church yesterday. My stomach was knotted. It's always difficult returning to the scene of a previous panic attack. It's even harder if there's been more than one or close to one. Still, the intense feeling to go was stronger.
  Communion means a lot to me and as I drove the five minutes to get there, I hoped it would be happening. I wasn't sure because I thought it was usually celebrated on the first Sunday of the month. Nevertheless, for whatever reason, Communion was served. Thank You Lord for giving me the urge to go which couldn't be ignored.
  We passed around the elements and when everyone has received the bread and wine, we take it as one body. That's special too. That connection not only with Christ but with brothers and sisters in Christ as well. I hadn't realised how much I missed being with like minded people, albeit a small crowd.
  The music didn't seem as loud either.
  The service was run by a visiting pastor. He will be coming back to continue his teachings on what it means to be a disciple. His is a temporary position until a new pastor is found following Pastor Randy's passing.
  Bible Study is starting up on Wednesday after a summer break. The desire to go is outweighing the anxiety.
  I am thankful for having had the break to do what needed to be done around the house this summer. It was often lonely though. Most of the time I have no problem being alone but then there are days it's tough even with the Lord as my forever Companion. I may have used this line before: sometimes we simply need love with skin on it.
  "And when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me." In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me." 1 Cor 11:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...