Saturday 13 September 2014

A Bit of a Territorial Display by Susan L.

  Anonymous is a busy bee. As much as I like to respond to comments people thoughtfully take the time to write in response to my posts, there's an increasing issue with spam. A majority of the unknown add links to their own web pages in the body of the text for products. When everything from hair care systems to I don't know exactly what they are pushing is included amidst a barrage of flattery, it leaves me wondering and cautious.
  And rather sad that my blog is trying to be used for unsolicited and unapproved advertising.
  For these commenters please note: Blogger does the sorting for me by sending any comments including links into a separate file. They do not get posted on this site for the general public to read. It's a waste of time if your intention is to simply hawk a product. Your entries get read by me and me alone and usually deleted.
  Yes, there is a security setting where it is necessary for someone to type in the distorted letters and numbers seen in a small box before they are allowed to comment. It's too bad such measures are even needed. When I first started this written journey, my writer's group encouraged me to omit that step so it was easier for readers add their own thoughts. I have no problem with that at all.
  I am more than willing to extend compassion and grace to those who are reluctant to use their names because often my posts are related to mental health. That's a touchy subject.
  Not only that but Anonymous, minus the ads, has written some extremely insightful and thoughtful comments that I know have blessed me tremendously and helped me rethink some of my own attitudes and understandings. Please continue to do so!
  As for the advertisers, I hope, should you take the time to read them, my little writings bless you in your daily life.
  "Wisdom and knowledge will be the stability of your times, and the strength of salvation; the fear of the Lord is His treasure." Is 33:6
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...