Sunday 6 July 2014

One Step at a Time by Susan L.

  It was a lovely day yesterday: hot without the humidity. Today is the same.
  I got the old aluminum shed taken down. Thankfully without a scratch. The back yard looks bare but at least the eyesore is gone. There's still a bit more cleanup to do before the concrete slab is clean enough to begin building on. I used the space behind the shed as a bit of a dumping ground for some asphalt torn up from the driveway. I'm not quite sure what I am going to do with it yet, probably a load to the dump is in order. I know someone who will come and take the scrap metal. That will save a trip.
   It's exciting to be one step closer to building the new shed but it'll be a couple of weeks before I can start. That is if my son can come at that time. If not, there's always August. That will also give me some time to finalise the design and make sure my measurements are correct.
  My other son, his partner and the grandkids are hopefully coming in a couple of weeks, weather permitting. Camping at Nanasue's. They had invited me down next weekend but there is a woman coming to our local Legion to give a talk on healing PTSD that I want to attend.
  I plan on having my grandson help me build and hang a small swing. There's a branch of the apple tree that's just begging to have little ones swing from it. Too bad it's not thick enough to support me!
  The outdoors is calling as loudly as the birds this morning: God's choir. I am going to enjoy the day.
  "The works of the Lord are great, studied by all who have pleasure in them. His work is honorable and glorious, and his righteousness endures forever." Ps 111:2-3
 

2 comments:

  1. Generally I do not learn article on blogs, but I wish to say that
    this write-up very pressured me to check out and do so!
    Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, quite great article.


    My web blog :: Bancless Loans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you have some ambitious projects this summer. Just think, come fall (Lord willing) you will be able to reflect back on your accomplishments - and the time spent with family.

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...