Monday 7 July 2014

Aches and Strains by Susan L.

  So, I can apparently dismantle a shed, toss wheelbarrows of dirt around, push a lawnmower but picking up tiny pieces of crumbled asphalt has done me in. My back gave way. It's a muscle strain that is sending spasms down my upper legs. Not a pleasant experience. I hope spending the day lying quietly, dosed up on painkillers will speed up the healing. It's a good thing I have a good book on the go and one waiting to be cracked open.
  I am pleased that even so, the space where the shed is going to be built is tidied up completely. The asphalt went along the shaded north side of the house. The soil is a dusty, powdery sand where nothing but dandelions and brambles grow. A wooden frame filled with several layers of newspaper, the bits of driveway to weigh it down and stones on top should help keep the area tidy. If anything it will make washing the basement windows worthwhile. There will be no dirt splashing up when it rains!
  I had horded buckets of stone to use in the garden. I spent more time moving them around than putting them to use. This seemed like a good way to get rid of them as well. I may purchase some ornamental stone as a finishing layer but that, too, will have to wait until my back is up to snuff.
  The car is loaded for a dump run although it may be a couple of days before it gets emptied. At least it's one step closer than it was yesterday.
  I enjoy the physical work. Lord, I am thankful for my strength. Thank You that the back pain is only a temporary setback.
  Now for some serious R&R.
  "Make haste to help me, O Lord, my salvation!" Ps 38:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...