Friday 16 May 2014

The God of All by Susan L.

    I am tempted to leave this page blank. Words cannot begin to explain the hugeness captured in the few words of the title. How can a simple human grasp the fact that from sub-atomic to sperm whales, from dust to mountains, from earth's core to the farthest outreaches of space, He is God of all.
  Yet, He humbled Himself so we can connect to Him on a deeply personal level.
  In my brokenness, I desperately need Him to be approachable. In Jesus, He is just that. Yes, without sin, but nevertheless, fully human. I need a Man who is vulnerable and kind and gentle and forgiving. I need a Man unlike any other man who has been part of my life. I need a Man who will laugh with me at my silly, human quirks. Yet, at the same time lovingly encourage me to change, to be a woman better than I am. Without condemnation. Without anger. Without demand or expectations that I be someone who I am not or that I try and do more than I can.
  I know I disappoint Jesus on a regular basis because I bestow on Him my fear and distrust of men. That fear is a big part of my life. He understands why. There's been some hard and cruel teachers. This Man above all men is working on healing those deep and terrible wounds. Every time I meet a man who weeps, who shares his struggles with me heals that fear a little bit more. I am thankful. I don't want to be afraid.
  Forgive my fear, Lord. I trust in You to do the work in my heart.
  "Jesus wept." John 11:35

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...