Wednesday 21 May 2014

Horse Experience by Susan L.

  I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a two page story I had agonized over for months, approached me. She told me I was a writer and invited me to the Writer's Nest. I wasn't ready to go because I didn't believe her. It took another couple of years before the Lord released me of my disbelief.
  I continued to write, journaling prayer mostly but only within the secret pages of my notebook. After writing a poem about God I surprised myself by admitted to Him that it was good. It feels like a lifetime ago but that was the beginning of the slow growth of confidence in my writing. I'm honoured and deeply grateful to see my articles in the local paper with the word "Columnist" beneath my name.
  We met up for coffee yesterday where she invited me to a horse farm where they do horse therapy just minutes down the road. There is another farm somewhere nearby that offers the same healing opportunities except where we went yesterday is based and run on Christian philosophies.
  God is ever faithful. I was an absolute horse nut as a child. My parents blessed me with riding lessons that ended when I started working and had no time. I'd had my own assortment of horses on the farm but hadn't done much riding. Getting hurt and being unable to attend to the rest of the large menagerie of critters we had was a huge concern. Instead, we bred the mares a couple of time.
  A few weeks ago, as I drove home from Bible study, the random thought crossed my mind that it would be nice to go riding, to be with horses again. It wasn't an intentional prayer but God was listening to my heart and sent my friend as an answer.
  I may be able to write more about this another day because there was a huge upwelling of chaotic emotions. The earthy aromas, the smell of cedar shavings, saddle soap, and horse released another layer of grief. I don't regret going even though right now I am not doing so well as far as the over the top anxiety goes. It's beginning to take a toll on every aspect of my life.
  The owner, because of my horse experience has given me carte blanche to go to the farm whenever I like, to make myself at home. One of the happiest summers I had as a tween was when a friend and I spent five days a week on a horse farm. Somehow the thought of taking my sketch book and enjoying the animals sits well with my soul.
  Thank You for listening. Thank You for my friend, bless her for her obedience in contacting me. Help me, Lord, recapture peace and I ask that You do a work in my heart. In Jesus name, Amen.
  "He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler." Ps 91:4
 
 

1 comment:

  1. How absolutely lovely! Oh to know that the Father hears not only our words but the thoughts of our hearts. Enjoy the special "therapy" that those magnificent beasts offer. One of my joys in knowing that there must be horses in heaven, as the Lord returns to the earth on one!! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...