Saturday 15 February 2014

Sabbatical by Susan L.

  I have decided to do a little weekend retreat: an art jam of my very own. There's still an emotional stew bubbling away in my heart. Laying it before the Lord in pictures helps make sense of it all. It also helps me hear His take on things.
  I am going to go back to my trusted collages unless He leads me elsewhere. Flipping through magazines and pulling out words or images helps me bypass the logical, controlling, human factor. The trick is to not think about what I am cutting or tearing out. It's visual journaling. Heart to paper. No brains allowed only feelings.
  Until the image is finished.
  I'll sit back, look at what has evolved, and have a quiet tete a tete with my Maker.
  It's been a long time since I have done this, except for Thursday. I am craving the process like a dose of rich, dark, chocolate. It can be hard sometimes but nevertheless sweet as I anticipate those "Ah-Ha!" moments that only prayer can bring.
  So, glue sticks ready, paper, magazines, scissors, and a cat that may need some convincing to stay off the table...here goes...to the top of my mountain.
  "My heart is severely pained within me...fearfulness and trembling have come upon me, and horror has overwhelmed me. So I said, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. Indeed, I would wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah."" Ps 55:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...