Tuesday 18 February 2014

GPS by Susan L.

  God Positioning System.
  The people, the experiences, the challenges and victories in my life have all happened for a reason. More often than not that reason eludes me and I am left stumbling and puzzled by events. This morning I recalled a prayer from a short while ago asking for a way to draw nearer to the Lord. Well, didn't He go and place me in a situation where a ferocious trigger would derail me. He knew that would result in me turning to Him. Prayers answered. It has left me left humbled and grateful.
  Like the beautiful tissue paper snowflakes falling gently outside my kitchen window, the lessons I've learned over the weekend sit softly in my heart. It's hard to put words to them but like the ground, the simple truths lay piled in a fresh, new coating: the white of innocence.
  God placed me in the position where I could learn more about His love, His grace, His kindness and patience. It's a place where I can repent without guilt or shame for falling prey to old understandings. It's a place where I can stop beating myself up for reactions I have no control over because I don't! He's okay with that. It's nothing to do with not having forgiven those who have trespassed against me because I have chosen to do so, over and over and over again. And again and again for good measure. Still feeling the pain of these hurts is not a forgiveness barometer. Although one day I hope to be healed of that completely.
  That's it. GPS. Grace positioning. In spite of it all or because of it all I am who I am. God is good.
  "Love...bears all things, believes all things, endures all things." 1 Cor 13:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...