Thursday 23 January 2014

Curiouser and Curiouser by Susan L.

  Prayers are being answered. Thank you to all who have prayed for me.
  Something has changed within my heart and mind. A new hunger for the Word has filled me with question upon question. I want to know more, much more, about the nature of God, Christ and what it means to be a believer.
  I know there's a part of me that rebels against becoming a "church member" as opposed to an attendee. It puzzles me why you have to join by taking an oath to commit yourself to a particular faith community. Yes, I understand why a police check is needed if you want to be involved in youth or children's ministry. We need to keep them safe. But the rest? I seek clarity.
  Aren't we all brethren in Christ? One body? Where and when did this practice start? Doesn't church happen when two or more meet in His Name? Aren't we the church?
  Doesn't joining one faith as opposed to another create division? Non-denominational is actually a denomination! Doctrinal differences create dissent among us. Where do those doctrines come from? I am assuming they're based in the Bible. Yet, the different Christian faiths in this world are miles apart when it comes to nearly everything except the belief that Christ lived and died for our sins. As well we share the belief there is one God over all and when we embrace Christ as Saviour the Holy Spirit can live within us. The simplicity of that knowledge has become very complicated.
  Isn't believing my church is better or has it "right", pride?
  Maybe that's my prayer for today. Lord, help us become as one, unified under the Blood of Christ. In Jesus' name, amen.
  "And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him, who fills all in all." Eph 1:22-23
 

1 comment:

  1. It is also Jesus' prayer that we would become One... "As I am in My Father, and you are in Me".

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...