Monday 6 January 2014

Better Day by Susan L.

  There's a lot to be said about exercise and music. After yesterday's blog, I went out to shovel the driveway. We'd had quite the dumping of snow. I put on my iPod so there was something to listen to besides the scrape of the shovel on pavement. It was full of new music that I'd uploaded early last week: good music, the love songs of WWII, some jazz and some worship music.
  A couple of my favorite Christmas carols were in a pod cast by an Australian radio station. It was a bit strange to hear the forecast of 33 degrees while looking at snow. I know Christmas is over but hearing "Come Let Us Adore Him" and "Silent Night" beautifully sung filled me with a freshening joy. A joy that had eluded me over the holiday.
  It was just as good as going to church.
  Once I was inside, I sang along for a while, listening to the carols a couple more times. It was my own little worship service in the warm comfort of my own living room. My spirits rose a little more and I gave thanks for that blessing.
  I give thanks this morning for another driveway full of snow and the opportunity to plug in to my iPod before the day gets going. It's already a better day than I've been having lately. Thank You, Lord. Once again, You have set my priorities straight.
  "I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. May my meditation be sweet to Him; I will be glad in the Lord." Ps 104:33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...