Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014 Prayers by Susan L.

  The day has dawned bright and sunny. A fresh coating of icing sugar snow has dusted everything making it clean and white. It's the kind of morning that speaks of possibility, of things hidden which anticipate being found: gifts the Lord has wrapped with care and can't wait to for us to open them this year. Every day is Christmas Day to Him.
  It feels appropriate to submit my wish list, my prayers, for the coming year.
  Thank You, Lord, for all the changes and growth that happened in 2013. Without You, Your grace, Your love and incredible patience, none of it would have been possible. I am eternally grateful.
  This year help me, Lord, to shake off the shackles of depression whenever it begins to wrap itself around my heart and mind. Help me break completely free of PTSD driven fear and anxiety. Help me not feel sorry for myself but give me the strength to bear my cross with a willing heart. Help me stay positive and hopeful for a future I cannot see. Please, fill my heart and mind with Your dreams and plans for tomorrow. Grant me the wisdom and discernment to know Your will for my life. May You open new doors of opportunity and help me walk through them.  Bless me with patience and determination. Guide my mouth and writing for both this blog and the newspaper column so that my words be Yours. Help me lay judgement down. Help me not feel lonely but remind me that You are always with me because sometimes in the darkness I forget. I really need your help so that I may eat better, that cooking for one becomes a joy not a struggle.
  Lord, bless my family, friends and readers that they, too, will receive a deeper knowledge of who You are. Bless them in their trials and victories. Be with them in their laughter and tears. Bless them according to Your will for their lives. Help them unwrap the gifts You have prepared for them.
  Please, be with the leaders of our countries, our churches, businesses and our schools so that sound, Godly decisions will rule. Guide our youth, the leaders of tomorrow, in Your ways.
  I surrender these things and lift many more matters of the heart that are just between You and me to You, my most gracious, loving Lord, in Jesus' Holy Name. Amen
  "I will bring the one-third through the fire, will refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say, "This is My people", and each one will say, "The Lord is my God."" Zech 13:9

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Susan, I've just been catching up on some of your posts and your life! I say "Amen" to your prayer and pray that on your pending trip written about more recently, that you feel completely at peace and carried in His arms! Hoping to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...