Wednesday 18 December 2013

Not Well by Susan L.

  I'm struggling a bit with today's post. Ideas seem to be rather illusive this morning. I'm not feeling so great physically. Not the stomach bug but I went to bed early last night shivering, feverish and aching.  As a result, there were some pretty strange dreams which were disturbing enough to wake me on a regular basis throughout the night. I don't recall what they were but they've left me feeling unsettled and edgy.
  It happens. Thankfully not very often. It's been a couple of years since I had a cold or flu or whatever this is. It is a bit of a trigger because prior to my diagnosis of depression, I had a debilitating cough that dragged on for nine miserable months. Masked depression it's called. The body reacts when the mind is not well. It was so bad at one point that I tore the muscles along my spine and rib cage by coughing. Because it was mentally based, physical treatments didn't work.
  The cough still appears once in a while, a warning sign that I am particularly stressed. It means I'd better pay attention to what is going on.
  Meanwhile, knowing this is a physical thing, I've got to mother myself. A nice, sweet cup of tea and toast sounds really good this morning.
  "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Mt 6:34
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...