Friday 27 December 2013

Mystery Calls by Susan L.

   I had a strange text last night. It started with a "Hi". I didn't recognise the number so I asked who was texting me. This generated a sarcastic response asking me to guess. My reply was that I didn't know and didn't think this was funny. That only elicited another cheeky answer.
  In a stroke of "genius", I phoned the number and got a name from an answering machine. It was a young man I had never heard of. Including his name in my next response and telling him he was probably texting the wrong number ended our conversation.
  This isn't the first time I've had this sort of thing take place. It happened when I was texting someone, not knowing they'd changed their number. The receiver played this same question and answer game that left me rather rattled. It took several messages before they finally told me I had a wrong number.
  It does upset me. These kind of mind games. This passive/aggressive behaviour triggers a whole lot of  emotional stuff. It's like an electronic home invasion that leaves me jittery and fearful with my heart pounding a mile a minute. At least with an actual phone call, you can hear the other person and know right away if they are who you want to speak with.
  But then, someone who knew me used the phone in the small hours of the morning to play the same guessing game not that long ago. I may of shared this before but it fits in to today's blog as well. I am ninety-nine percent sure it was the tree guy who didn't get the business to take down my tree this summer. He was closely connected to my ex-husband and extremely drunk when he called. His connection isn't why he didn't get the contract. I simply found someone less expensive.
   It's all sad. These little things, this lack of courtesy and respect are just the tip of the iceberg of a far greater problem...Lord, save us from ourselves.
  "And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also." 2 Ti 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 1

    "Keep on seeking, and you will find." Mathew 7:7     I am still dealing with the fallout of Friday's panic attack. The wor...