Monday 2 December 2013

Direct Entry by Susan L.

 It feels a bit strange to skip the manual part of my blog experience. Up until now posts were written longhand first. One finger typing is so slow I wanted to be certain about what I was posting. It was easier than having to edit everything as each entry evolved. I'm not sure I like skipping that step. Maybe because of my age, pen and paper feel more personal. Or perhaps it can be called being slightly eccentric.
  There's a huge part of me that doesn't fully trust technology. It's probably because many years ago I saved all my favorite recipes onto floppy discs and threw my cookbooks out. I had decided to embrace the modern age. There was one for a pineapple upside-down cake made from scratch but cooked in the microwave. It was delicious! Needless to say, the disc technology is obsolete. So is the cake, sigh.
  Or maybe that's a good thing. A redemptive thing.
  When my marriage failed, I walked away with very little from the house. It was my choice to do so because I wanted a fresh start. There's only a few things I wish I had taken, sentimental objects more than anything like photos of when my children were little. As for the rest, the Lord has been faithful in providing for my needs every single day. And then some!
  Hmmm...Maybe there's a cake recipe online...
  "The Lord will answer and say to His people, "Behold, I will send you grain and new wine and oil, and you will be satisfied by them." Joel 2:19
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...