Tuesday 8 October 2013

Men by Susan L.

I believe God has worked a miracle in my life because I don't hate men. The past doesn't matter any more. Bitterness has been flushed from my soul. That is the miracle. It has been a slow and tender process. A few men, just as broken at the hand of my gender, have brought healing. Their stories helped fill my heart with compassion, drowning out toxic emotions that could poison my soul. Yes, I am uncomfortable around them. Downright fearful at times. Their deeper voices can trigger old anxieties, old responses. It makes me nervous talking to them. That is probably a huge part of the stress I feel at the Bible study group. It's best to keep going and I will. Life is too short to miss out on such a wonderful opportunity. The opportunity to offer up my fears and prejudices to the Lord, to heal, to grow, to share, to learn of the Love beyond mortal limitations. "You also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." 1 Pet 2:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...