Saturday 7 September 2013

Arise! Arise! by Susan L

The rain woke me. A nice, soft whisper. It is needed judging from the wilted Black Eyed Susans at the end of my driveway. They've perked up now, happy for the drink. I watched a frog or a toad hopping madly across the road, legs flying everywhere. It made it I am happy to say, reaching the lawn just as a car whizzed by. I gave a little cheer for its effort. There is something special about a rainy Saturday morning when there's nowhere to be, no clock in control, no responsibility but to enjoy the moment: the smell of clean, the lullaby sounds, the colours of freshly bathed leaves and grass. Things will get busy. I've a wedding to go to later in the day but for now...I think I will get another cup of coffee and simply be with my Lord. Amen! "The Lord planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed." Gen 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...