Friday 30 August 2013

Whine and Cheese by Susan L.

So I've worked three days in a row holding the fort mostly on my own. Being "on" is exhausting and stretches my resources quite a bit. I am thankful my job is in a fun and supportive environment. Five days of poor sleep because of an icky sticky heat wave hasn't helped. The muggy air is getting to me. Tonight I am glad it's threatening rain or I'd be out sweating and mowing the lawn. It needs it but it can wait a bit longer. Yah, it waits, it gets longer! Hopefully the rain will break the heat. I will say I have been feeling lonely this last little while. Maybe it's because there's been a fair bit of social activity. Pumpkin isn't much of a conversationalist. His comments are rather monosyllabic. Right now he's doing the cat thing by watching the goldfinches at the birdfeeder. Forget quality time with me! Cranky, hot and tired. Maybe it's a good thing I live alone! "And He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority." Acts 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...