Friday 9 August 2013

The Long Unwinding Road by Susan L.

It surprised me to see the time when I woke up this morning;the latest it's been in a long time. It was one of those leisurly surfacing into consciousness that is such a delicious way to awaken. It was in stark contrast to the shock of a teeth grating alarm that greets me most mornings. Pumpkin did his usual cat quest for attention around 7:30 or so. He got a few half hearted tummy rubs before I rolled over to go back to sleep. Today, he let me. (He can be rather insisting some mornings.) I found him curled up, patiently waiting, at the foot of the bed. I can feel the anxiety drifting away. It's a good feeling. "Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you." Ps 116:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...