Saturday 24 August 2013

Rocking Chairs and Blankies by Susan L.

I have an ornamental wooden rocking chair all of sixteen inches high sitting by my pond. Designed for a small plant pot, my granddaughter's tiny diapered bottom fit into it just right. She wore a huge grin as she sat, watching the waterfall and rocked last weekend. Now, every time I go out to feed the fish I see her in my mind's eye. It brings a smile to my face and heart. This is what it's about. Making new memories that act as a healing blanket to wrap old wounds, old hurts so they can be carefully and lovingly tucked away. All our scars, injuries and bruises belong to God and deserve kindness and compassion. It's one more step in the recovery/discovery of how life is meant to be. "The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way, before His works of old." Prov 8:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...