Saturday 31 August 2013

More Simplicity by Susan L.

There's something wonderful about sliding up into wakefullness on a damp and gray Saturday morning. There's nowhere I need to be, nothing that needs to be done with any urgency. Household chores await. That's all. With a song in my heart, "The Power of Love", a cat to cuddle, I lay there a while enjoying the moment. I pondered on the awesome grace of God, grateful for His presence in my life. I lived a long time without that awareness. My forty years in the wilderness. Now I have it, I'll never let it go. Being lonely and being alone are two separate things. I've felt alone especially in my marriage. It's a sad and frightening place to be. I am thankful. That time in my life gave me many valuable skills but most of all because of those empty years I am able to appreciate a life lived in the fullness of Christ: the joy of simply being God's child and the joy of connection. When my humanity slips, like yesterday, the Lord is oh, so forgiving. "The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah." Ps 46:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...