Thursday 22 August 2013

Children's Shows by Susan L.

I confess. I watch children's TV. Particularly the educational programs on our local public broadcasting station. Afternoon TV such as soaps or talk shows don't interest me. The TV is on more for company anyways. It's nice to be able to relate to my grandson. We had some fun riding a "Dinosaur Train" after lining up my patio chairs. He was amused and amazed I knew all about it! However, there's one particular show and I suppose it is a common theme that has been utilized since the inception of public entertainment. This one show struck me how it enforces that it is okay to lie to parents and grownups. Okay. Even the "Narnia" series has the element of us, children, and them, everyone else. Children learn early about keeping secrets. That might not be a good thing. How do we, as adults, teach them about being open and candid when the media bombards them with the opposite lesson? "As a lion is eager to tear his prey,and like a young lion lurking in secret places." Ps 17:12

1 comment:

  1. My brother pointed out to me years ago that even Walt Disney movies which feature children's adventures, pit children against adults. And look at the Home Alone movies. What gives?

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...