Tuesday 23 July 2013

Threads of Friendship by Susan L.

A friend called last night who I hadn't talked with in ages. She had moved, I wasn't well so we'd lost touch. The Lord must've heard me wondering about her this past week and nudged her to call. There was no shame or guilt about being absent on either side. We simply picked up the threads of where we'd left off. Our "status reports" were updated: kids, work, family. It's nice to hear she's doing well. I'll never forget the day she grabbed me in a bear hug as I was fleeing church. My mind was in a full blown panic attack. At that time I didn't know what was happening. All I knew was I needed to get out ASAP! I didn't know her name but she wouldn't let me go until the worst had passed. It was the beginning of an amazing friendship. Thank you, Lord, for our Simons, the friends You bless our lives with for the days our own crosses are heavy. "And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them." Jn 17:26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...