Thursday 18 July 2013

Seeds, Shoots and Roots by Susan L.

The meeting went well. Thanks to all who prayed for me. I was deeply honoured because as I shared my story, you could have heard a pin drop. It is a huge blessing to be able to plant the seeds of hope in someone who may not have thought recovery is possible. I was approached afterwards by several people who thanked me and to give/share/need a hug. "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..." Amen! We had a bit of an adventure getting there. My coworker who drove had picked up a huge bolt in her car's rear tire. We were stranded three blocks from the church listening to the last of the air come hissing out. I know it's prayers which stopped that tire from blowing out as we travelled a hundred plus kicks on the highway. (Scary thought!) I got picked up because I was speaking. My two coworkers waited for roadside assistance. It meant a slow drive home on her spare but at least we weren't stranded in the city! Someone at the meeting asked me if I had Native blood in me. I confess, I've been asked that before. It struck me as rather interesting in light of July 6ths blog about blood memory. Maybe I need to seek out an answer. I'd be honoured to have a connection to Canada's aboriginal people. I wonder if it would show up in DNA testing...Ancestry.com offers it I think. Something to pray about anyways. "I will not leave you orphans;I will come to you." Jn 14:18

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your talk went so well Susan, although I never doubted that it would for one moment. I'm sure that hearts were touched and encouraged!

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...