Sunday 7 July 2013

No Second Guessing by Susan L.

The strawberry patch/box/fort got ripped out yesterday. I'd been feeling guilty because there has been no time or energy to pick the fruit or make jam, not that there were enough berries anyways. The plants were huge but that's probably because they didn't get enough sun where they were planted. There was just enough grass seed left from when I seeded the vegetable garden to cover the bare earth. Divine provision that affirms it was the right choice. It has taken me a long time to get to the stage where "I can't" is in my vocabulary. A close second is, "I don't want to". It's been hard to accept I have limitations...no. That's the wrong word! I have the right to live accordingly and do or do not, or make the decisions I need to make in order to stay well. If that means no strawberry jam this year, then so be it. Besides, there's always the option of buying fruit. We'll see. "At that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in Me, and I in you." Jn 14:20

1 comment:

  1. Recovery has given you the opportunity of finding employment - to be celebrated. With that, comes the reality that you can't do everything at home that you used to or you'd like to. I know the feeling. I don't see it so much of a limitation, as a fact of life. A coworker of mine has a saying I like to borrow: "I'm not Wonder Woman!" (For one thing, I'd never fit into that get-up Wonder Woman wears.)

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...