Wednesday 24 July 2013

Cleanup Completed by Susan L.

It was much quicker getting rid of the piles of branches than I had anticipated. I'd burned some Monday and finished the rest yesterday morning. My two neighbours got out their chainsaws last night and cleared the big branches that were left hanging over the fence and resting on my shed. There are still people without power in the hardest hit areas. Fallen trees, snapped hydro poles and wires lay tossed like a bowl of spaghetti. It's been a summer of violent weather here and in the U.S. The term, global warming, is on everyone's lips. Another frightening sign I've noticed is a lack of bees at my flowers. The fact they are dying at alarming rates has been in the news. Which brings the question to mind: what exactly are we doing to this planet we call home? "Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it." Gen 2:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...