Tuesday 16 July 2013

Back Pain by Susan L.

I hurt my lower back on Sunday. Wrenched the muscles hanging laundry on my clothesline of all things! Wheelbarrows of dirt, tree limbs, heavy things like rocks can all be hefted and moved around easily. Give me a T-shirt and clothes pegs? Ouch! Pain aversion training. That's what it is! "Manly" stuff: good. "Womanly" stuff: bad. Not that I need pain to know that of myself. I'd much rather get sweaty and mucky in the garden than dust furniture. I know, I know...When something's heavy I am careful NOT to hurt myself by using proper lifting techniques. Bend the knees, don't twist, etc. Silly me felt the strain as I leaned and twisted to clip the pegs on the line. I didn't think it was an issue. Silly me again. The cat, Pumpkin, probably had a better sleep last night. I couldn't thrash around the bed as easily as I normally do. He quickly needs to perform defensive maneuvers every time I turn over to avoid being flattened. At least someone is benefitting from my suffering. "This is the bread which came down from heaven--not as your fathers ate manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever." Jn 6:58

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...