Friday 28 June 2013

Wheat and Chaff by Susan L.

Today I start a new journal. Journey? As I've mentioned before my blog is first hand written then typed up on my cell phone. The first page of each of my notebooks is always a simple prayer asking the Lord to bless and fill the pages with His presence. My blog is my morning prayers and a chance to have a dialogue with my Maker. Art therapy is the same. A time of prayer. Although it was interesting what developed last night. It began with a false start which ended up in the garbage. I felt I was wasting paper and the money that was used to provide the materials. When this came up in discussion, the art therapist used a wood working metaphor. Is sawdust wasted wood? Without it nothing is built. Personally, I use it in the garden. Wood scraps make bonfires for enjoyment. Nothing is truly wasted. By making a fresh start with the art I was able to let go of what I thought needed exploring. The paper wasn't wasted because I was able to settle in to the place I was meant to be. Painting the word "Celebrate" with two exclamation points. "Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt." Jer 31:3

1 comment:

  1. "So they all ate and were filled, and they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments that remained." Matt. 14:20. Nothing is wasted with God.

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...