Monday 17 June 2013

Outside the Book by Susan L.

A long time ago I was talking to a friend. She was angry, bitter, and constantly raged against her ex-husband. In the middle of one of these repetitive rants, I asked her why she hated so much. There was an abrupt pause as she looked at me. A startled expression came to her face, "Because it's easier!" Shortly after she came to know the Lord as her Saviour. All her acrimonious feelings faded away under His tender tutelage, praise God, as she began a life of living His word. As a new Christian, the good intentioned people who were my mentors for a while told me to read every scripture with the word "love" in it. I purchased a concordance (best purchase I ever made) and began to diligently study my Bible. Wow. It was an eye opener and made me terribly sad. In reading the verses, the only way I could relate to them was realizing the only thing I knew was what love is NOT! The Lord took this once-upon-a-time beaten down, abused and rejected woman whose only desire was not to be bitter and has honoured my prayer. Just like my friend, in letting go, I am finding the ever abundant love of God that exists beyond the words in red. How awesome is that! "To know the love of Christ which passes knowledge, that you may be filled with the fullness of God." Eph 4:19

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan,
    I finally tracked down your blog and put it in my bloglist to make it easy to find every day. So good.

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...